Goodreads Currently Reading

Valerie's bookshelf: currently-reading

Nevermore
tagged: currently-reading
Dark Alpha's Awakening
tagged: currently-reading
The Fox
tagged: currently-reading
The Burglar
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Friday, May 17, 2019

Beauty in the Broken by Charmaine Pauls




ABOUT THE BOOK



A DIAMOND MAGNATE DARK ROMANCE NOVEL



Six years ago, Harold Dalton framed me for theft and sent me to jail to steal my diamond discovery. He gave his daughter to Jack Clarke in exchange for the excavation rights. Today, I’m walking free, and I’m coming for him with a vengeance. Six years of cruelty make beasts out of men. I’m going to take back what he stole from me, and more. I’m not interested in his properties or shares. I don’t want his small change. I want his biggest asset. Beautiful, mentally unstable, Angelina Dalton-Clarke.

Worth billions, she’s the wealthiest widow in the country, and also the craziest. Her self-harming tendencies had Jack declare her incompetent before he put a gun to his head and blew out his brains. Lina isn’t allowed to touch a cent of her riches. Her father manages her finances. He has all the signing power. As her husband, that chore will fall to me. But if she thinks I only want her for her money, she’s sadly mistaken.







REVIEW

Lina's circumstances have nearly crushed her will at the beginning of Beauty in the Broken. Damian shackles Lina to him convinced this is the only way she will stay by his side. Charmain Pauls does a fantastic job of balancing her dark romances, and Beauty in the Broken is no exception. Lina and Damian begin their relationship emotionally crippled, often using sexual intimacy to elicit an emotional bond. They are flawed but find strength from one another. With the emotional give and take between Lina and Damian, they repair the damage inside of them. Be warned the consent is sometimes suspect, and a strong dominance theme is at play here. This scenario fits the characters well. I believe it advances their development and leads to a magnificent place. In the end, their roles are balanced, and they are both better for it. I enjoyed reading an advanced copy of Beauty in the Broken by Charmaine Pauls. I would highly recommend giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment