Goodreads Currently Reading

Valerie's bookshelf: currently-reading

Nevermore
tagged: currently-reading
Dark Alpha's Awakening
tagged: currently-reading
The Fox
tagged: currently-reading
The Burglar
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Diamonds in the Rough by Charmaine Pauls


ABOUT THE BOOK

A DARK MAFIA ROMANCE

Girls like me, we know how to survive.
We each have our own little ways, but we acquire those skills at the same tender age.

If you ask me how many times a person can die, I'll tell you many times. As many times as a man stabs you in the stomach with betrayal and wrings out your heart with lies.

Girls like me, we live.
We don't get a choice.
We step over the cliff and fall.
Eat, sleep, die, and repeat.

* Diamonds in the Rough is Book 2 of the Diamonds are Forever Trilogy and ends on a cliffhanger. Diamonds in the Dust (Book 1) must be read to follow the story. Diamonds are Forever (Book 3), which concludes the story, will be released on 15 September 2020.

Other novels in the Diamond Magnate collection:

Standalone Novel
Beauty in the Broken

Diamonds are Forever Trilogy
Diamonds in the Dust (Book 1) - 19 May 2020
Diamonds in the Rough (Book 2) - 14 July 2020
Diamonds are Forever (Book 3) - 15 September 2020

REVIEW

Diamonds in the Rough is the second story in the Diamonds Are Forever trilogy by Charmaine Pauls. Diamonds in the Rough ensnared me from the beginning. I could not set this early copy I received down. By the end, I was bouncing in my seat.

The men are very dominating, but the leads are not abusive to their women. It may upset readers sensitive to those topics, but I enjoy the depictions. Charmaine Pauls creates the most intriguing dark and sensual characters. 

After a tumultuous start, Zoe accepts her place with Maxime. His dominance becomes a passionate craving for her, and the couple begins the semblance of a relationship. When Maxime neglects to inform Zoe of crucial personal issues, Zoe has to determine what compromises she is prepared to make. 

Random Spoilery Thoughts: Maxime broke my heart. Zoe struggles, and when she finally reaches some peace with her complex situation, he consistently makes it worse. I believe this will be a harsh lesson for him, especially when those feelings he doesn't think exist smack him in the face. I absolutely cannot wait for the third Diamonds are Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment