Goodreads Currently Reading

Valerie's bookshelf: currently-reading

Nevermore
tagged: currently-reading
Dark Alpha's Awakening
tagged: currently-reading
The Fox
tagged: currently-reading
The Burglar
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Dark Alpha's Caress by Donna Grant

 


ABOUT THE BOOK


There is no escaping a Reaper. I am an elite assassin, part of a brotherhood that only answers to Death. And when Death says your time is up, I’m coming for you…

Reborn to serve, I have never once questioned Death’s directives. Until my mission leads me to a Halfling who stirs things within me that I’ve never felt before. Sorcha’s past intrigues me, but not as much as the gorgeous and stubborn Halfling herself. Though the Others are no more, our enemies still lurk around every corner. I can feel it. But for her, I will battle whatever comes my way—be it present dangers or ghosts of the past.


REVIEW


Dark Alpha's Caress feels like the beginning of a new arc, which makes sense based on the previous installments.  Due to this fact, any new reader of the series will not find themselves lost.  What loose ends remain from the prior storyline are explained.  

For this reason, Sorcha and Cathal find themselves in a situation not quite as precarious as the rest.  Yes, there is conflict, and it sucks for Sorcha.  At the story's conclusion, I got a bit teary-eyed.  But we see very little of the rest of the group, and I missed them a bit.  No need for the big guns, so to speak, when two can seemingly take care of the problem.  

Sorcha has a uniqueness about her that I find intriguing, Half-Fae and Skye Druid.  Utilizing her power in an epic battle could prove to be a great asset.  Cathal embodies those qualities that all of Death's Reapers do.  Sexy, lethal, loyal, and protective.  The two have sizzling, sexy chemistry.

I am curious to see where the books will go from here.  Where the rising factions will cause trouble, or not, and what challenges lie ahead for the Reapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment