Goodreads Currently Reading

Valerie's bookshelf: currently-reading

Nevermore
tagged: currently-reading
Dark Alpha's Awakening
tagged: currently-reading
The Fox
tagged: currently-reading
The Burglar
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Monday, September 10, 2018

Nowhere Man by Gregg Hurwitz




Nowhere Man by Gregg Hurwitz is book two in the Evan Smoak series. This book could easily be read as a standalone, although I would suggest reading book one as well. Active members of the Orphan program nearly succeeded in assassinating  Evan. After the confrontation, Evan resumes his undertaking of helping those unable to turn to anyone else. While tying up loose ends with a human trafficking ring, Evan is kidnapped.

Most of Nowhere Man takes place while Evan is in his kidnapper's custody. What proceeds is an intricate game of cat and mouse where both men consistently underestimate each other. This conflict makes for suspenseful interactions that kept me eager for a resolution. I was honestly unsure how Evan would make it out of his situation. When the ending did come, it was quite epic and served as a turning point for Evan.

I am surprised at how attached I have become to this character. The author is not only presenting a thrilling vigilante story. Evan is a vastly sympathetic character that the reader gets to know slowly through his adventures. I, of course, have already started the next book in the series. I can tell reaching the end will make for a bittersweet wait until more books come out. Nowhere Man was given to me by St Martin's Press through NetGalley for my honest opinion.  I encourage all readers to come to their own conclusions.

Amazon Link

No comments:

Post a Comment