Goodreads Currently Reading

Valerie's bookshelf: currently-reading

Nevermore
tagged: currently-reading
Dark Alpha's Awakening
tagged: currently-reading
The Fox
tagged: currently-reading
The Burglar
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Saturday, October 27, 2018

In the Mood Fur Love by Eve Langlais, Milly Taiden, Kate Baxter



In the Mood Fur Love by Eve Langlais, Milly Taiden, Kate Baxter is a compilation of short stories centering on shifters finding their mates. I am torn when faced with short stories. Reading novellas are an excellent way to sample new authors. 

I enjoyed two stories out of the three. Bearing His Touch by Eve Langlais has charming characters. The bear shifters are quite hilarious, and there is a unique take on vampirism. Fake Mated to the Wolf by Milly Taiden was, unfortunately, not engaging to me. The dramatic undertone did not grip me. I felt the lack of full novel development most here. Perhaps if I knew these characters a little better, the struggle would interest me more. The Witch, the Werewolf and the Waitress by Kate Baxter was also enjoyable. I suspected as much, having read prior novels from this author, and her short story did not disappoint. A bonus was the setting takes place in my neck of the woods, which rarely happens in popular fiction.    

Every couple experiences what is close to love at first sight. The men are very alpha, and the women slightly subservient. These are not bad traits, but, short stories can lack substance leaving the genre cliches more prominent. Overall I did enjoy In the Mood Fur Love. I was provided an ARC copy of this book from St. Martin's Press through NetGalley.  I encourage all readers to form their own opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment