Goodreads Currently Reading

Valerie's bookshelf: currently-reading

Nevermore
tagged: currently-reading
Dark Alpha's Awakening
tagged: currently-reading
The Fox
tagged: currently-reading
The Burglar
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Dark Alpha's Redemption by Donna Grant



 ABOUT THE BOOK 

There is no escaping a Reaper. I am an elite assassin, part of a brotherhood that only answers to Death. And when Death says your time is up, I’m coming for you…

My duty to Death drives me forward. I've never once strayed from my path – not even when the future seemed uncertain. However, Maeve's intelligence, cunning and determination challenges me in ways I never imagined. Finding out what she knows is the key to learning how to conquer our enemy. The Dark Fae breathes new life into me unlike anything I've ever known. For Maeve, I will risk trusting the Dark. For her...I will battle darkness itself.


 REVIEW 

Dark Alpha's Redemption is the continuing saga set in Donna Grant's Dark World. This far into the series, I highly suggest reading all preceding novels. At this point, several characters are crossing over, and although previous plot points get abridged when relevant, a lot is going on. 

As always, the overall story-line surrounds a couple finding love. Maeve and Bradach begin as wary associates on the hunt for a missing fae. The two have great chemistry, and the discovery of their feelings for each other feels natural. 

In Dark Alpha's Redemption, a stronger comparison continues to unravel regarding the dark and light fae. It is becoming more apparent that the heart of the being is what matters, not their title or where they reside. Seeing them as both make them more relatable, and it also gives a better sense of what they need is a leader who can be both. I have my guesses/hopes on who could fill this role, but we are getting closer to that revelation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment