Goodreads Currently Reading

Valerie's bookshelf: currently-reading

Nevermore
tagged: currently-reading
Dark Alpha's Awakening
tagged: currently-reading
The Fox
tagged: currently-reading
The Burglar
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Guilty Pleasure An Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Novel by Laurell K. Hamilton



 ABOUT THE BOOK 

Meet Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, in the first novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling series that “blends the genres of romance, horror and adventure with stunning panache”(Diana Gabaldon). 

Laurell K. Hamilton’s bestselling series has captured readers’ wildest imaginations and addicted them to a seductive world where supernatural hungers collide with the desires of the human heart, starring a heroine like no other...

Anita Blake is small, dark, and dangerous. Her turf is the city of St. Louis. Her job: re-animating the dead and killing the undead who take things too far. But when the city’s most powerful vampire asks her to solve a series of vicious slayings, Anita must confront her greatest fear—her undeniable attraction to master vampire Jean-Claude, one of the creatures she is sworn to destroy...

“What The Da Vinci Code did for the religious thriller, the Anita Blake series has done for the vampire novel.”—USA Today

 REVIEW 

I tried, I really did, but I don't think this is for me. Why on earth would sadistic vampires want to hire a self-professed killer of their kind to help find the being murdering the most powerful among them?  By entrapping her, clearly under massive duress. And then, then, they hold her prisoner after insisting she does it, and let other beings scare the crap out of her and mentally torture her a bit. No, just no. I couldn't make it through.

I have heard others say they like this series, and maybe later I will give it another try. Maybe. For now, I will just cancel one of my audible preorders and keep going with the Charlie Davidson series. Two-week hold at the library be damned. I never would have started this otherwise.

Sorry to those who liked this. And let it be made perfectly clear my opinion is only based on the first 61% of the audiobook. And to be fair it didn't keep my full attention a lot of the time so maybe I missed something... ?

No comments:

Post a Comment