Goodreads Currently Reading

Valerie's bookshelf: currently-reading

Nevermore
tagged: currently-reading
Dark Alpha's Awakening
tagged: currently-reading
The Fox
tagged: currently-reading
The Burglar
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Monday, June 15, 2020

The Demon's Possession Shadow Quest Book 1 by Kiersten Fay

ABOUT THE BOOK

April 2020 edition. Re-edited, this second edition contains an extended ending.

A devilishly passionate tale of a fierce demon captain and the mysterious young princess he vows to protect. Their passion will ignite the stars.
As captain of the merchant ship Marada, Sebastian has been commissioned to deliver a curious parcel to a ruthless pirate named Ethanule. But when a bewitching young woman mysteriously appears on his ship, he finds it impossible to focus on the job...and to keep his hands off her.

Held captive most of her life, Analia makes a desperate bid for freedom and escapes onto a craft led by a fearsome demon who sparks her desire, but her secrets are more dangerous than she knows. If she is to maintain her freedom, she must gain Sebastian's trust while concealing her true nature.

The Demon's Possession is the first installment of the bestselling paranormal romance series, Shadow Quest.

INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR
Q - Tell us a little bit about your Shadow Quest series.

Shadow Quest is a unique mix of genres that incorporates paranormal romance, fantasy romance, and science fiction romance. My characters are based loosely in mythology with some kick-but mythical creatures such as demons, dragons, witches, and fey-like beings. Since they’re all from different planets, I suppose they’d be considered aliens.

Each book focuses on the relationship of the hero and heroine and the trust they must build with one another. The connection they form is a slow-burn at first, and then turns combustible. I play with the fated mates theme, but the conflict and mistrust keeps things interesting. Ultimately love wins out in the end, if they can survive the journey.

Q – What order should I read the books in?

Each book can be read in any order and the reader can still follow along, but for the full experience, I suggest the following sequence:

- The Demon's Possession
- The Demon Slave
- The Demon's Retribution
- Demon Untamed

Q - So, why should readers give these books a try?

Paranormal romance fans are ravenous, and my Shadow Quest series hits the spot. Readers have told me they have read The Demon's Possession several times over and still enjoy it. It’s a series that draws you in and makes you long for more.

Readers who enjoy witty romance, alpha males, and lots of action will want to take this epic journey.

Q - What inspired the world you created in The Demon's Possession, having it take place in space and different planets?

I’ve always been interested in scifi, fantasy, paranormal, and mythology. I thought about the kind of romance novels I enjoy reading and what I liked about them: the idea that there could be a supernatural world within our own, veiled from sight.

Then I thought, “What if all these creatures from lore were really from different planets?” After that, the world building came naturally.

Shadow Quest series ebook Categories

- Paranormal Romance Series
- Futuristic Romance
- Science Fiction Romance Series
- Scifi Romance
- Fantasy Romance Series
- Demons & Devils
- Demon Romance
- Romance With Alpha Males
- Witches & Wizards
- Myths & Legends
- Aliens


REVIEW

What I enjoyed: Close to midway through the novel, the story took a turn I didn't fully anticipate. As I learned more about Analia's past, I discovered I genuinely wanted to follow her journey to the ultimate end. Therefore, I will be picking up the next installment (this is book one of the Shadow Quest series). 

Sebastian and Analia are charming enough. Sebastian, the demon captain of the Marada, is super sexy and very Alpha male. Analia starts out timid, and as her confidence grows, she becomes the emotional anchor Sebastian needs. 

All of this inevitably leads to what made the story less likable. The couple is a bit stereotypical. I honestly almost stopped reading it, although when the plot began to thicken, I was glad I didn't. 

Typically sci-fi is not my go-to, but The Demon's Possession was a nice diversion from my normal genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment