Goodreads Currently Reading

Valerie's bookshelf: currently-reading

Nevermore
tagged: currently-reading
Dark Alpha's Awakening
tagged: currently-reading
The Fox
tagged: currently-reading
The Burglar
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Intensity by Sherrilyn Kenyon




Amazon Link

My first impression was not terribly favorable, but I had a certain expectation which I now think logically never would have come to pass.  On my next read through I think I will have a better chance of being a bit more impartial.



Intensity is the official end of the Chronicles of Nick series. Knowledge of CoN is necessary for things to make sense in this book. Intensity is laying the groundwork for the upcoming Shadows of Fire series. I believe this is why I have more questions than answers. I hope the next installment continues to clarify things.

As the story begins, Nick finds himself accused of murder. Nick's family and friends work to prove the charges are false. The murder conflict wraps up a little too quick.

Nick encounters characters who have more information on his ancestry. These meetings take place in a separate realm that one could argue are not based in reality. One of my frustrations with this story derives from this concern.

Nick finds someone has counteracted his attempts to fix his timeline. By the end of the book, Nick believes he has found a way to protect it. For the Dark Hunter storylines to remain unchanged, Nick makes a logical choice. Nick's place in the Dark Hunter series is an important one that cannot be altered. Despite the necessity, the decision is difficult for me to accept. One could argue the experiences in the Chronicles of Nick are now pointless. I will trust in the author's master plan but what good are our lessons if they are forgotten?

The gang discovers crucial information about the Sephiroth swords and the mystery surrounding them could aide in future conflicts. The Dark Hunters series is moving forward as CoN plays out in the past. We have come full circle with Nick's journey. It is time for the CoN characters to come out of hiding to impart wisdom and help with these conflicts.

I don't want to communicate I didn't enjoy this book, I did. Sherrilyn Kenyon's stories contain intricate plots. Subtle clues are everywhere and can span multiple books. I love and hate her for this. I get easily frustrated when I cannot solve a puzzle right away. Nick has been a favorite of mine since the Dark Hunter series. After all he has been through, he deserves his happily ever after.

All my opinions are my own and may not match that of others. I urge all readers to come to their own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment