Goodreads Currently Reading

Valerie's bookshelf: currently-reading

Nevermore
tagged: currently-reading
Dark Alpha's Awakening
tagged: currently-reading
The Fox
tagged: currently-reading
The Burglar
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Broken Promise by Tara Thomas




Barnes and Noble Link

Broken Promise is the third book in the Sons of Broad series. The eldest Benedict brother Kipling is the center of this romantic thriller. Alyssa, Kipling’s partner and would be lover, discovers things about her family and her murdered sister while helping Kipling find his kidnapped half-sister. A connection exists in their separate tragedies, and the couple confronts the threat the Gentleman has been tormenting the Benedict’s with.

Kipling and Alyssa were gravitating toward one another in previous novels, and here they develop it. Their attraction matured naturally into love, the compatibility they share obvious. Kipling and Alyssa are entertaining together. I appreciate the dry humor between the two. They are also intelligent enough to defend against the threat from the Gentleman.

The background given on the Gentleman reveals his true identity and his supposed slights with the Benedict family. The Gentleman works as the protagonist for me in Broken Promise. Exposing his background gives him more substance in my eyes. Realizing his true motivations increase the anxiety. It is unsettling for the characters, understanding there’s no reasoning with a madman.

All and all I was glad to read the conclusion to this series. The romance was engaging. I worried about the leads when their lives were in danger. I became wary of and disgusted by the bad guy and his motivation. I could foresee some of the mystery unravel before the reveal, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Decent tension presents itself, and a few things still surprised me. I'd give it a solid three out of five stars. Worth mentioning, the bonus content is kind of sweet. There is a great speech given at a wedding so check it out if you can. This book was given to me by Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for my honest opinion. I encourage all readers to come to their own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment