Goodreads Currently Reading

Valerie's bookshelf: currently-reading

Nevermore
tagged: currently-reading
Dark Alpha's Awakening
tagged: currently-reading
The Fox
tagged: currently-reading
The Burglar
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Monday, September 7, 2020

Battle Born For You by Layla Lochran


  

REVIEW



The first section of this book follows Zander. We meet him and his squad at a difficult time and follow Zander back home. Immediately I was drawn to Zander and his emotional journey. It's moving to experience a war vet try and pick up the pieces of his life, one I have personally done many times. When Zander meets Lily, his world is truly complete. 

Battle Born for You is part two of the Tell all Secrets series. It was at the point when Zander and Lily are first together that it was abundantly clear I was missing part of the story. At first, I was a bit jarred with this big fight they were having, without having experienced Lily's side of it. Honestly, I felt like she was overreacting a bit, and it was off-putting. It quickly became clear what the conflict was about, and I slowly began to see Lily's perspective. But I would highly suggest reading part one first so as not to find yourself in my situation. 

Zander and Lily both have deep emotional scars but support and love each other through their pain. As a couple, they are sweet and sexy, finding their happiness in each other. Battle Born for You has some profound moments and a few twists and turns you will not see coming. I suggest Zander and Lily's story for anyone who enjoys a contemporary romantic drama.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your review, Valerie! - Crystal @ Author's Taproom

    ReplyDelete