Goodreads Currently Reading

Valerie's bookshelf: currently-reading

Nevermore
tagged: currently-reading
Dark Alpha's Awakening
tagged: currently-reading
The Fox
tagged: currently-reading
The Burglar
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Forbidden Desire by Robin Lovett

 

ABOUT THE BOOK

Being a sex goddess should be my dream come true—as much sex as I want, with magic powers to heal people, too. Until I realize the enormously strong human I desire most is completely off-limits. My people will put me in prison if I’m caught with a human.

But one encounter together leaves me panting for more. So I whisk him away to an alien sex retreat. I soon discover not only is my big strong human a virgin, his bio-engineering might have made him the largest person I’ve ever seen, but also it made him unable to feel any sensation on his skin.

We’ve got three days to try to heal him with my sex powers before I risk someone discovering us. Then I find out his biggest secret…

REVIEW

Graven finds himself on the run, a fugitive human on a foreign planet. Niva is the sex goddess healer that he finds himself unable to stop obsessing over.  When Niva eventually regards him, she discovers he needs her more than anyone she has ever encountered. 

Forbidden Desire by Robin Lovett is what you would expect based on the plot summary.  So ask yourself what do you want from this story.  Some sexy time, under the guise of a healer and her patient? Yes? Okay.  But it doesn't get a lot deeper than that.  Niva and Graven experience a pretty superficial relationship, but it is very steamy. 

That being said, there are elements of Forbidden Desire that advance it beyond mind-numbing erotica.  The author makes an effort to weave a story into Niva's healing sessions, and I did find it intriguing.  Graven's torturous past, Niva's fear of her council's reaction to a forbidden human it was all enough to keep me engaged in their stories. 

Forbidden Desire by Robin Lovett is one of the better erotica's I have run across.  I finished it, which for me and this type of book means a lot, but some of it I only skimmed.  Take that as you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment