Goodreads Currently Reading

Valerie's bookshelf: currently-reading

Nevermore
tagged: currently-reading
Dark Alpha's Awakening
tagged: currently-reading
The Fox
tagged: currently-reading
The Burglar
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Inferno by Donna Grant

 

ABOUT THE BOOK



Inferno is the explosive, most anticipated, final book in Donna Grant's Dark Kings series featuring Con, the King of the Dragon Kings!

I knew what I wanted. And nothing was going to stop me.

King of Dragon Kings. Driven, ruthless, shrewd. The weight of survival for Constantine and his brethren has pushed him to set aside his own yearnings—for now. He’s the most powerful of all Dragon Kings, and Con will stop at nothing to destroy anyone who dares to threaten his existence.

For years, Con has hidden his pain—his desperation—for there is one smoldering beauty that he craves above all else, even if he feels he doesn’t deserve her. However, his enemies are at every corner. There is no one left to trust. But none of that matters anymore: There is only one thing that Con wants. With this one woman by his side, he can fight for the freedom of his fellow men-in-arms. All Con has to do is get her to surrender her heart…and be his for all time.

REVIEW


The Dragon Kings are gorgeous, protective, fierce, gallant, amazing Scots.   They do their best to protect humanity from the Dark Fae while maintaining anonymity. Forces continually strive to expose their true dragon form to the world, to initiate their destruction. 

The Dark Kings saga by Donna Grant is one of my all-time favorites out there.  And Inferno is the big one. Con's story. The King of Kings.  Is it worth the wait?  Absolutely it is.  Let's start with the standard warning, especially this far in if you are not familiar with the Dragon Kings, do not start here.  You are going to spoil a whole slew of books if you read this first and believe me, it is a fun test of patience trying to figure out who Con's mate is.  

And the not so standard warning that I will not be able to review further without spoilers. Last chance, stop here if you do not want to spoil, well, the entire series. Of course, everyone's fantasy of how things were supposed to happen are different.  I spent hours analyzing Con and Rhi over the years, and I almost had myself convinced they were not mates.  Until the beginning of 2020, when I ran across the big spoil. I didn't have to read it, but I did, and after the last book, I would have swung back around to that conclusion anyway.  In short, Con and Rhi were no surprise.  I enjoyed getting their flashbacks.  I liked that Rhi made Con work for it. I almost wish we could have got the reveal a few books ago.  That way, Con REALLY would have had to work for it, but that might have been too torturous.

The Usaeil reveal was a bit unexpected.  I know some are a bit offended by it, but it makes a warped bit of sense.  Honestly, I think it is a great final f you.  Her past comes back to bite her in the butt.  And Erith's nice little secret, oh boy.  That one was almost over the top, but I like where it will lead us.  

Melisse and Henry, I approve, if it is what I think it is, and it better be.  She is just awesome.  I mean she's like Maleficent, how is that not the coolest thing ever.  And Balladyn still needs his happy ending.  These are my wishes for the future.  So with the mate of the King of Dragon Kings, the Usaeil saga is closed.  Good frickin riddance.  I will now continue my series reread so I can grin every time Con and Rhi start in on each other.  I know your secret now.

No comments:

Post a Comment